Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Courgette Fritters with Rocket
What you'll need
- 1 small egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 small courgette, about 200 g,
- coarsely grated
- 50 g feta, crumbled
- ½ red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
The easy bit
- Combine egg, flour and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Add courgette, feta, onion, thyme and garlic and gently stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Place 4 heaped tablespoons of courgette mixture around the edge of the pan, allowing room for spreading, and flatten slightly.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining courgette mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: You can freeze these fritters and defrost 1-2 as an allowable snack.
- Energy 171 kcal
- Protein 6g
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 10g