Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Steamed Salmon with Ginger, Chilli & Garlic
What you'll need
- 2 salmon fillets, about 120 g each
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander,
- plus extra for garnish
- salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1 spring onion, sliced
The easy bit
- Cut 2 pieces of greaseproof paper each large enough to wrap a piece of salmon.
- Place a piece of salmon onto each piece of paper.
- Top each piece of fish with sesame oil, chilli, ginger, garlic, lime and coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the paper over the salmon and fold up at the ends to make a tight parcel so none of the juices can escape.
- Place in a bamboo steamer and steam for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Remove fish from the steamer, set aside.
- Add the bok choy and steam for 4-5 minutes, remove fish from parcel.
- Place the salmon onto plates, and sprinkle over the spring onion.
- Garnish with extra coriander and serve with the steamed bok choy.
Tip: To try something a little different, you can substitute the salmon for fresh tuna.
- Energy 220 kcal
- Protein 25g
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 2g